Sunday, July 23, 2006

journal entry 273...

i had to put babycat to sleep today and i'm really, really sad about it. she was an awesome cat and i loved her very much. i miss her so much already.

i cried on the bus on the way home and the lady next to me gave me a kleenex that smelled like whoppers. she was very kind and the woman across from me touched my knee as she was getting off and said "take care of yourself."

they both saw the empty carrier and figured out what had happened. i said it outloud anyway and then i cried some more.

"i just put my cat to sleep," i said.

they both nodded and we all looked back at our laps.

4 Comments:

Anonymous lynne said...

Hey,

I'm a lurker who reads your blog occasionally. And I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry to hear the bad news. I had to put my dog to sleep a few years ago, and I know just how devastating that feels.

Hang in there, chin up, chest out.

July 24, 2006 2:50 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Hey Broken Ladder,

I'm so sorry about your cat. I lost my dog Ginger just over three years ago, and it was one of the hardest things I've ever been through. I felt like my apartment was more hers than mine - she was in it more than I was! The whole place was different without her in it.

Even though that pain eventually diminishes (and I'm sure you know it will), I still miss my dog and feel that at any moment she could come walking back into my life, it's that surreal, still.

Anyway, I'm really very very sorry about babycat.

Diana

July 24, 2006 11:26 PM  
Blogger jane kay doe said...

i don't even know how to say what i'd want to say.

i'm so sorry. i know how you love her.

July 25, 2006 12:16 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

I am so sorry.

July 28, 2006 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home